Monday, August 15, 2011

Peas with Spring Herbs

I've had this recipe in my back pocket for a while now, and just haven't gotten around to writing the recipe! Who knows what my problem was. But it's here now, and it's so quick and easy that you'll forget that it took me two months to post! :P

This is a bowl of peas. Freshly shelled, to be exact. I love fresh peas. If you can't get fresh peas (since it's now August!), frozen peas will serve you just as well.

Salt a pot of water and set it on the stove to get boiling.

Once the water is boiling, pour the peas in.

Nothing like a pot of peas.

Which incidentally reminds me of this video.

I love The Critic!

Anyway, once the peas have boiled for about a minute, scoop 'em out and move them to a bowl of ice water. The ice water will set the nice color and the peas' freshness.

Drain the pot and wipe it out, if necessary. Drop a hunk o' butter in and swirl around until it melts.

Drain the peas and pour them into the pot with the melted butter.

Throw in a tablespoon or two of freshly snipped chives, and toss lightly.














And that's it! (I know, now I look even worse--how could 3 ingredients and 8 pictures take 2 months?) I don't know, but it's here now, which means you should stop arguing and go find yourself some peas!


Recipe: Peas with Spring Herbs

1 lb. shelling peas (weight before shelling)
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. fresh chives
salt and pepper, to taste


In a small pot, boil peas for 1 minute; move quickly to an ice water bath.

Drain pot and add butter. Once butter is melted, drain and add peas. Toss with fresh chives. Salt and pepper, to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment